Helpful Checklist of things to Do:
- Establish tentative dates for
- Layout your planning calendar
- Begin sorting out those items
you do not plan on moving.
- Plan a date for a garage
- Call Integrity Movers for
your Free No Obligation Price Quote.
- Select Integrity Movers to
handle your move.
- Obtain a
change of address kit from the post office and begin
filling out the notification cards.
- Obtain a change of address
kit from the post office and begin filling out the notification
- Check school schedules and
- Determine requirements for
new driversí licenses and transfer of registration/license
- Contact your insurance agent
to obtain coverage or transfer coverage on your new home,
contents and automobile coverage.
- If needed, secure a
post office box
- Compile a list of utilities
and their phone numbers. Determine requirements such as deposits
- Schedule packing, pickup and
delivery dates with Integrity Movers.
- Continue sorting belongings
- Make your travel
- Time to hold your garage sale
and/or give to charity items that you no longer need.
- Verify all time schedules
with realtors, landlords.
- Reconfirm dates for packing,
pick up and delivery with Integrity Movers
- Send out
change of address
cards to the post office, friends, relatives and
- Gather all your personal
- Notify utilities at your old
house of your disconnect dates and forwarding address.
- Contact utilities in your new
town to begin service.
companies of change of address. Apply for new bank cards
and local store charge account if necessary.
- Take care of financial
- Take pets to the veterinarian
for shots and preparation for the journey. Arrange for
transportation; obtain copies of your pets records and licenses.
- Cancel services such as
newspapers and trash collection.
- Consider a sitter for kids
and pets on
1 - Moving Week
before moving day
- Defrost freezer; give away
- Give plants to a loving home.
- Have your car serviced.
before moving day
- Pack luggage and anything you
are taking with you.
- Only use those household
items that you absolutely need.
- Have Integrity Movers pack
everything that you are not taking yourself.
- Obtain travelers checks for
trip expenses and arrange with Integrity Movers for payment to
- Moving Day relax
and observe the Integrity professionals at work.
- Before movers leave, check
throughout the house with your driver to make sure nothing was
left behind. Remember all closets, cupboards, drawers, patios
- Consider staying overnight in
a hotel or with friends or family.
- Get a good night's rest and
leave the next morning fresh for your new beginning.